This job reports to the LOGISTICS & SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER and is based in Pointe-Claire.
Essential functions: The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Work in a team internally with Product Line Managers, Operations, Distribution Center, eCommerce, Customer Service, Sales, Production and Finance, and externally with Carriers and Custom brokers.
- Following up on logistics and customs clearance of all Global shipments imported into Canada.
- Coordinate pick up and deliveries for all inbound shipments into Canada.
- Review and approve freight and brokerage invoices for Air and Ocean shipments.
- Maintain incoming log and prepare paperwork for incoming shipments to be received.
- Track all procurements throughout the ordering process, contacting vendors for production status and providing estimated arrival dates for items purchased.
- Inform internal departments of any customs clearance and delivery issues and/or delays that may impact customer order deliveries.
- Update Purchase Orders and any other internal tracking databases with accurate and up-to-date information.
- Support Operations and Customer Service with tracking and exception management of shipments.
- Assist in issuing paperwork and scheduling pick-up for international outbound shipments.
- Help Interface with vendors to deal with product defects, damage during shipment, or other necessary product returns.
SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 1-year related work experience and/or training in Procurement and Supply Chain.
- Understanding modes of transportation, cost, and geography.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage timelines, prioritize work activities, and deal effectively with pressure.
- Need intermediate-level knowledge of Excel.